March 14 th, 2022
Conference on the Park
Central Park Complex Building, 110 Franklin Street, 1 st, Floor, Johnstown, PA 15901
Commissioner Tom Chernisky, Commissioner BJ Smith, Commissioner Scott Hunt, Tanya Kvarta, Elyse Kirchner, Tracy Selak, Fred Oliveros, Michelle Rager, Tracy Shultz
- Approval of Minutes: January 10 th, 2022 meeting minutes: Approved motion Commissioner Chernisky/ second, Commissioner BJ Smith. No discussion
- Review of requested financials: (See attachment) January balance sheet made available to all in attendance. Approved motion Commissioner Scott Hunt / second, Commissioner BJ Smith. No discussion.
- MBH contract: We are in the final editing stages and will send to Bill Barbin for review prior to signatures.
- Reinvestment Committee Meeting: Ad hoc: There are bi-weekly construction meetings for the walk-in crisis. Color scheme was approved last week and we are still on current timeline of 7/1/22 completion.
- Behavioral Health of Cambria County (BHoCC) Key Initiatives for 2022: Suicide awareness trainings for QPR are currently underway for April. Interviews for new trainers started on 3/7/22. We are also working on gathering data from families in current FBMHS service to assess GAPS in service for parents of children ages 2-7.
- Magellan Behavioral Health (MBH) Updates:
- 1. The Star summit is scheduled for 5/25/22 from 10am to 2 with an afterparty from 3-5. A save the date is forthcoming. This will be held at the Bottleworks Center. Speakers are Jason Rilogio for recovery and Michael Runningwolf on MH.
- 2. MBH will be working with the Community Support Program (CSP) on 3/17 as a collaboration for the event.
- 3. MBH, BHoCC and the Single County Authority (SCA) are meeting on 3/18 to discuss funding for School Based Mental Health. MBH is Also meeting with current School Based Outpatient (SB OP) providers to assess needs.
- 4. MBH has had requests to continue the “It’s real” mental health presentation at Portage and Forest Hills SDs.
- 5. MBH is working with BHoCC to develop a family support group for Mental Health (MH) needs and is currently researching existing models.
- 6. MBH is looking to continue working with the county as they finalize the new contract with BHoCC.
- Misc.: Tom stated that the TV ad board is up again on the 1 st floor hall, and he will also be forwarding change form to add any county events.
- 2022 BHoCC Trainings: UPDATE: All trainings will be held via in-person (Cambria County Academic Center) and transition to zoom if needed due to COVID regulations. More information can be found on our FB page and/or website www.bhocc.org.
- Stimulants and their Impact on Brain and Behavior: Best Practices and Approaches for Effective Treatment and Recovery – March 25 th , 9am-4pm
- Motivational Interviewing (x1) – April 12th & 13th , 9am-4pm
- Military Trauma & PTSD – April 22nd, 9am-12pm
- Co-Occurring Disorders – May 16th, 9am-5pm
- Adolescent Mental Health Issues & Intervention Strategies: June 7th, 9am-4pm
- LGBTQ; Working with Parents & Families: July 15th, 9am-4pm
- Trauma Informed Care – August 10th , 9am-4pm
- Ethical Principles for Mental Health Professionals: September 16th, 9am-12pm
- Motivational Interviewing (x2) – September 27th & 28th, 9am-4pm
- SMART Goals – October 13th, 9am-4pm
- Motivational Interviewing TOT – November 1st, 2nd, 3rd , 9am-4pm
- What is a “Recovery Community Organization” (RCO) – November 17th, 9am-5pm
- Report to the Community – December 2nd, 10am-1pm
Adjourn: Motion to Adjourn: Approved motion Commissioner BJ Smith/ second, Commissioner Scott Hunt.
Next meeting: May 23 rd, 2022