January 10th, 2022
Central Park Complex Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
110 Franklin Street, Johnstown, PA 15901
Commissioner Tom Chernisky, Commissioner BJ Smith, Commissioner Scott Hunt, Tanya Kvarta, Elyse Kirchner, Rebecca Valle, Tracy Selak, Fred Oliveros, Michelle Rager, Tracy Shultz
- Approval of Minutes: December 13 th, 2021 meeting minutes: Approved motion Commissioner Scott Hunt / second, Commissioner BJ Smith. No discussion
- Review of requested financials: (See attachment): November balance sheet made available to all in attendance. Approved motion Commissioner Scott Hunt / second, Commissioner BJ Smith. No discussion.
- Reinvestment Committee Meeting: Ad hoc
- Walk-in Crisis: Furniture to be purchased through AVAL / Costars. Costars is an approved vendor list the county has for various purchases.
- Employee compensation: The salary increase is $1495 across the board for each staff person for 2022 and is retro to January 1, 2022
- Behavioral Health of Cambria County (BHoCC) Key Initiatives for 2022: In conjunction with Magellan
- Suicide Prevention
- Family Interaction Training/Therapy
- Intensive Behavioral Health Services
- Magellan Behavioral Health (MBH) Updates:
- Teen Mental Health Presentation to all Richland High School students aged 14 & older provided by Magellan staff
- Acquisition of Magellan became official on January 4 th , 2022. No changes to Cambria County operations.
- Lump sum payments to providers to retain & recruit staff.
- 2022 BHoCC Trainings: UPDATE: All trainings will be held via in-person (Cambria County Academic Center) and transition to zoom if needed due to COVID regulations. More information can be found on our FB page and/or website www.bhocc.org.
- Stimulants and their Impact on Brain and Behavior: Best Practices and Approaches for Effective Treatment and Recovery – March 25 th , 9am-4pm
- Motivational Interviewing (x1) – April 12th & 13th , 9am-4pm
- Military Trauma & PTSD – April 22nd, 9am-12pm
- Co-Occurring Disorders – May 16th, 9am-5pm
- Adolescent Mental Health Issues & Intervention Strategies: June 7th, 9am-4pm
- LGBTQ; Working with Parents & Families: July 15th, 9am-4pm
- Trauma Informed Care – August 10th , 9am-4pm
- Ethical Principles for Mental Health Professionals: September 16th, 9am-12pm
- Motivational Interviewing (x2) – September 27th & 28th, 9am-4pm
- SMART Goals – October 13th, 9am-4pm
- Motivational Interviewing TOT – November 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 9am-4pm
- What is a “Recovery Community Organization” (RCO) – November 17th, 9am-5pm
- Report to the Community – December 2nd
Adjourn: Motion to Adjourn: Approved motion Commissioner Scott Hunt / second, Commissioner BJ Smith.
Next meeting: March 14th, 2022