November 13th, 2023
2nd Floor Conference Room
Central Park Complex Bldg., 110 Franklin Street, 4th Floor, Johnstown, PA 15901
Meeting ID: 831 8893 8031
Commissioners Scott Hunt
Tanya Kvarta, Tracy Selak, Tracy Shultz, Melissa Raho, Fred Oliveros, Amy Hamilton
- Approval of Minutes: September 25 th , 2023 meeting minutes: We did not have a quorum and could not vote on any agenda items. Scott asked if we could place the September minutes on the next agenda.
- BHoCC/County Agreement for 2024: We can take this off the agenda this was already done in the last meeting. Tanya did mention the HealthChoices amendment to be coming from the state and MBH contract need to be signed so we may have to either call a special OOC meeting or put it on the commissioner’s meeting prior to 12/31/23. Tanya will let them know once the state sends the amendment.
- Reinvestment Committee Meeting: Ad hoc: Tanya reviewed the Walk in Crisi opening on 11/1/23 and the Recovery Community Open house on 11/1/23. Tanya meets with peers monthly to review reinvestment ideas for next year. Reinvestment is complete for 20022 fuds with the approval of Transitional Housing and Supportive Housing.
- Behavioral Health of Cambria County (BHoCC) Key Initiatives for 2023: Tanya reviewed upcoming QPR trainings and the Peer development Network.
- Magellan Behavioral Health (MBH) Updates: Tracy Shultz reviewed the meetings with the School Districts. The next meeting is with Richland Elementary on 11/14/23.
- 2023 BHoCC Trainings: UPDATE: All trainings will be held in-person (Cambria County Academic Center) and transition to zoom if needed due to COVID regulations. More information can be found on our FB page and/or website www.bhocc.org.
- Motivational Interviewing 2-day; April 11 & 12, 9-4, Barbara Orr
- “All Stressed Up and No One to Choke”; April 25 th , 9-4, Karen Vadine
- Blended Family; May 10 th , 9-4, Barbara Orr
- Adolescent MH Issues & Intervention Strategies; June 14, 9-4, Barbara Orr
- LGBTQ, July 14 th , 9-4 – Melissa Perkins
- Teen Social Media and Mental Health Usage Trends for Therapists and Counselors, August 1 st , 9-4, Ryan Klingensmith
- Trauma-Informed Care; August 9 th , 9-4, Barbara Orr
- Ethics; September 15 th , 1-4, Andrew Nocita
- Motivational Interviewing 2-day; September 26 & 27, Barbara Orr
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals; October 11 th , 9-4, Barbara Orr
- Motivational Interviewing Tot 3-day; 9-4, November 7, 8, 9, 9-4, Barbara Orr
- Opiates, Opioids, & Emerging Trends; November 13 th , 9-4, Bruce Schaffer
- Report to the Community; December 1 st , Tanya Kvarta
- Executive Session: Annual BHoCC salary increase request. This will be tabled since only Scott is present. Scott did note they received the salary request letter.
- Adjourn: Motion to Adjourn:
Next meeting: TBD
2024 Meeting Dates:
To be determined